Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2014

Just another "love note".........

Happy February everyone, while it was raining 'green and blue' here in Seattle yesterday, I was creating a little love note!



I used this sweet image Swiss Miss Rosalie from C.C. Designs and colored her with Prismacolor pencils and blended the colors together using a blending stump and odorless mineral spirits, a technique I learned from Amy Rysavy.  The technique is a little like water coloring, but it's a little more controlled I feel like and you can use a thick 100# cardstock and the paper won't break down at all.




So the stencil I used was 6x6 Polka Dot from Heidi Swapp and I tinted some Martha Stewart white texture paste with a red faber castelle gelato.  I just mixed together a little of the gelato and paste and then wiped it right over the stencil.  It dried pretty quickly so I didn't have to wait long and I think it turned out great, made it look a little like stucco, but kind of a cool effect.

To assemble the card, I ran some Lifestyle Crafts heart dies through my cuttlebug, added a bow and sentiment from Just a Love Note (designed by Kristina Werner) , then used a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen on the three little hearts.


On the inside of the card, I just used some of the remaining die cut hearts and stamped another sentiment from Just a Love Note (designed by Kristina Werner).

And that finishes off this card, hope you like it.  Leave a comment and let me know what you think or if you have any questions send me an email.

Have a great day. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment